Building Blocks Vitamins are comprised of key vitamin and mineral supplements in levels in line with what has been reported to maintain proper health following bariatric surgery. Our products contain the highest bio available ingredients to aide in absorption of these nutrients.
Below you will find a list of our bariatric specified vitamins, what makes them so effective and how they address bariatric vitamin deficiencies.
Remember, it is not only important to integrate these supplements into your daily routine for life, but to also have regular blood tests to have your physician check their levels of vitamins and minerals.
Building Blocks Multiple Vitamin
This Multiple Vitamin has been formulated specifically for bariatric patients. Comprised of key vitamin and mineral in levels which have been reported to maintain proper health following weight loss surgery.
Vitamin A as both pre-formed Vitamin A and beta-carotene. Through this approach, Building Blocks utilizes a safe, yet effective approach to ensure that you obtain adequate levels.
Vitamin D deficiencies are being reported more frequently in bariatric patients. Building Blocks has integrated the most appropriate levels of Vitamin D in its Multiple Vitamin.
The gut does not adequately absorb vitamin B-12 following surgery due to the minimal levels of intrinsic factor. Building Blocks Multiple Vitamin maintains one of the highest levels of vitamin B-12 available in a multivitamin.
Building Blocks Multiple Vitamin utilizes chelated minerals in our multiple to enhance absorption Alpha Lipoic Acid [capsule] and N Acetyl L Cysteine [chewable] are powerful antioxidants that help to protect the liver from damage that may occur following weight loss surgery.
Building Blocks Calcium Citrate
Calcium is necessary if you have undergone bariatric surgery due to reduced levels of gastric acid. Calcium supplements are therefore required of the gastric bypass patient, and are most effective in the form of calcium citrate, not calcium carbonate phosphate or coral calcium.
- Building Blocks Calcium is formulated as calcium citrate with vitamin D and magnesium included for optimal
- You will find in our Calcium Capsule and Calcium Chewable Chocolate and Orange a daily serving size of calcium
citrate vitamins contains 1000 mg of elemental calcium. We have recently released a NEW Calcium Chewable Black
Raspberry with 1200 mg of elemental calcium in the daily serving size for those that need extra calcium citrate.
- Available in capsule, chewable chocolate and chewable orange.
Building Blocks Iron
maintains two forms of iron based on the patient need and tolerance level. We offer a glycinate form, chelated to
amino acid for maximum absorption in 15mg and 30mg non chewable tablets and is formulated to not cause
- Building Blocks also has an Iron 30mg Black Raspberry Chewable which comes in the fumerate form.
- The chewable iron has been micro-coated to prevent teeth from staining, yet will still break down with minimal acid in the gut.
- Available in non-chewable tablet and chewable black raspberry.
Building Blocks Anti-OX
Our Anti-OX is a proprietary blend of high powered antioxidants created specifically for you, the bariatric patient. Antioxidants are necessary to combat free radicals and to aid the body in the healing process after surgery. Both the capsule and the chewable contain appropriate levels of vitamins A,C, E and coenzyme Q-10. Additionally, the capsules contain alpha lipoic acid, a powerful antioxidant that helps to protect the liver from oxidative stress that occurs with the breakdown of fat following bariatric surgery.
- Excellent PRE SURGICAL antioxidant
- Promotes healing and recovery in early post-op period
- Reduces cardiovascular risk
- Helps to improve the immune system
- Assists in the reduction of oxidative stress levels
- Available in capsule and chewable cherry.